Back from the Meeting in Paris

Anything you want to say about our team. How was your experience in Mexico? How did mexican people treated you? Would you recommend us to people you know and want to get this surgery done?

Back from the Meeting in Paris

Postby Dr. Arturo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 am

Hello,
Paris was gorgeous, fantastic and kind of like it better than other times I've been there.
I was surprised that this time the people were talking in English with me!!!
Paris is "chic", full of fashion and good food, also, you hardly see obese people. I find the reason after 2 days of been there why the people is so slim: They walk very long distances and also there are bicycles in all corners for rent and people from all ages ride them inclusively at night.
For me been out of shape and wanted to go again to museums and to visit many places was a challenge so I strongly recommend for the ones that will go to start walking 2-3 miles a day one month before arriving there or you will end up resting at the hotel.
Europe is expensive now because their EURO is strong against most currencies...
Just a little bit about what is new around the world of obesity surgery...Dr. Almino, my friend from Brazil is doing a work with a single port surgery but we still think the technology is not yet gotten to the point to be used safely with all kind of patients...We talk about how in our revision surgeries some times is imposable to place all the ports we use regularly and end up the surgery with just 3 ports...
Arturo Rodriguez, MD
http://www.thebariatric.com
http://arturorodriguezmd.com
phone: 011 52 818 3783177
Dr. Arturo

Re: Back from the Meeting in Paris

Postby Kim_the_Midwife » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:04 am

Sounds like Paris was a lot of fun! Maybe I will get to go there someday!

As far as the revision surgery you wrote about... is this for Lap Band revisions? I always thought there was only one port where the saline is injected. Are you talking about that kind of port or is it something else? I thought maybe you meant incision instead of port, but then I couldn't imagine how you could do the surgery with just one incision!

Good to hear you are home safely!
Kim Pekin
Midwife
Purcellville, VA
www.gentlehomebirth.com

Kim_the_Midwife

Postby Dr. Arturo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 am

Hi Kim,
I was meaning "port of entrance".
Single port surgery: One incision and placing one trocar to perform the lapband but also for the sleeve and many other surgeries.
Instruments have to be modified in a way that can cross while inside and not been just parallel in order to be ableto perform the movements we want.
Last edited by Dr. Arturo on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arturo Rodriguez, MD
http://www.thebariatric.com
http://arturorodriguezmd.com
phone: 011 52 818 3783177
Dr. Arturo

Postby Kim_the_Midwife » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Oh wow! That would be wonderful! Sounds like it would take a very skilled surgeon (like you!) to do it that way. I could see how it would be nicer for the patients to have only one incision. Very exciting!
Kim Pekin
Midwife
Purcellville, VA
www.gentlehomebirth.com

Kim_the_Midwife

Postby Tricia » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:15 am

Paris sounds incredible! Glad you had a wonderful time!
Tricia
Banded July 16th, 2004
Lost 168 pounds
Dr. Arturo Rodriguez
Starting BMI 43
Current BMI 18.9
Tricia

Postby Shelby » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:54 am

Sounds like you had a great time in Paris!

The single port surgery is great news, how nice it would be to have just one incision to heal...although really I don't remember my incisions hurting at all.

Shelby
Shelby

Return to About our team